Acknowledgement by PANLAR of the Scientific Activities carried out by National Rheumatology Associations
- Acknowledge the scientific activity carried out by National Rheumatology Associations, endorsing the best works and awards selected at the last National Congresses for the speciality in Latin America.
- National Spoken Presentation Category: The PANLAR 2018 Congress will receive, without restriction or evaluation, any work that has already been reviewed and accepted by the Scientific Committees of PANLAR’s Member Associations as spoken presentations for National Congresses (exclusively).
- National Prize Category: The PANLAR 2018 Congress will receive, without restriction or evaluation, any work that has won a National Rheumatology Award in its country, with appropriate certification as proof.
- Any work and/or award linked to the last National Congress in each country will be eligible. For countries that carry out annual congresses, works/awards for 2017 will be considered. For countries that carry out their congress every two years, works/awards for 2016 will be considered.
- This proposal is exclusively applicable to Latin American countries.
- The project presented will be assessed and approved by the Science and Education Council and the Executive Committee of PANLAR.
- PANLAR and National Rheumatology Associations will be in charge of dissemination.
- National Associations are requested to promote and disseminate this call by any means commonly used by them to communicate with their members, making sure the information arrives at its destination and enabling active and effective interaction.
- The parties interested in taking part must contact their National Associations and request they are included as candidates.
- Both the spoken presentations and awards for each country must be endorsed by the National Rheumatology Associations through written and certified documents.
- All works in both categories (spoken and/or awards), besides the aforementioned special presentation, will be assessed for possible spoken presentation during the PANLAR 2018 Congress.
- Authors of the works and/or awards must upload their abstracts into the system available at the PANLAR Website within the deadlines established and checking the corresponding category, including the following documents: a) abstract of the work/award; and b) document by the National Association endorsing it.
- Deadline for document submission: 15th January 2018.
- Assessment Period: 22nd January to 5th February 2018.
- Date of Notification: 12th February 2018.
- The main author of the spoken presentation and/or award (or whomever they appoint) will be able to present their research at the PANLAR 2018 Congress.
- The main author of a spoken presentation (or whomever they appoint) will be entitled to a 50% discount on the inscription fee for the PANLAR 2018 Congress.
- The main author of a national award will be entitled to a 100% discount on the inscription fee to the PANLAR 2018 Congress.
- PANLAR 2018 Certificates will be given to both the main author and all other co-authors.
- All works included in these categories will be presented at a special session that will be communicated accordingly.
- Furthermore, all works included in these categories, the above notwithstanding, will be assessed for a potential spoken presentation at PANLAR 2018.
- Resident Award: An inscription fee grant (100% discount) will be awarded to Rheumatology Residents who in the period between Congresses (2016-2018) won an Award for Best Resident or an Award to a Work Presented by a Resident. This is applicable to all countries where this type of award is given.