Claudio Galarza-Maldonado is the Head of the Unit of Autoimmune and Rheumatic Diseases UNERA, in the Medical Corporation Monte Sinaí and Hospital del Rio, Cuenca – Ecuador
Dr Galarza-Maldonado received his medical degree and qualification in Rheumatology from the Medical State University of Minsk. He defended his PhD degree in Management of SLE.
- Certified on Shared value in Healthcare, London School of Economics and Political Science. . He is also a member of American College of Rheumatology (ACR).
- Dr Galarza-Maldonado has organized and was Co-Chairman of the five Latin American Congress of Autoimmunity. Also, was involved as an expert in some guidelines and position papers organizing by GLADEL, GLADAR and PANLAR.
- Dr. Galarza-Maldonado is on the Editorial Boards of Revista Colombiana de Reumatologia y Revista Brasileira de Reumatologia.He has authored of several books and publications on SLE, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rheumatology, and Autoimmunity
- Co-winner of the award ILAR 2011 (International League of Associations for Rheumatology)
- Coordinator of the PANLAR Consensus on Biosimilars Consensus PANLAR of Biosimilar.
- Dr. Galarza has more than 20 years’ experience of the clinical management and follow-up of patients with Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome.